Sunday, February 21, 2010

I finally HATE the MCAT


I'm correcting my first at home MCAT right now and my mind just can't understand this stupid MCAT language. Yes, I speak English, and I have done research and thus have read many a research journals, but the jargon of the MCAT has no soul. It is literally like "reading words" and these words have no images to help your mind maneuver through their density. the wording is mathematical in structure and I am having a difficult time getting into it. I accepted the challenge of conquering this exam, but ugh, it really sucks! I never like to be negative, and maybe I am just at that poor point, but I hate hate hate how I feel and I need to find a way to concentrate on the stupid MCAT. Maybe if I say, "stupid MCAT," enough the test will magically become easier. Is that logical? No. But I feel dumb right now and I know that I'm not. I kicked ass in undergrad, ...well, enough of it, but I still feel incapable on this thing. Bah-humbug. FML for now.... : (

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I have a 3.97 overall GPA from a heavy, medically-based major (Pathologist's Assistant), and the MCAT is just one awful test that has NOTHING to do with medical school. I firmly believe that the science "tested" on the MCAT is really a cover-up for something else more sinister.

    I'm not a great standardized test-taker, but I'm an extremely hard worker (as evidenced by my GPA). I'm bombing the practice tests, and I'm not taking the MCAT until January 2012, so who knows how I'll do. I should still apply regardless, I guess, and put all my faith into my excellent GPA, my major (pathology) being the very basis and foundation of what medicine is (thus making me more qualified than ever to go to med school), and my soon-to-be volunteer work.

    ReplyDelete