Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day :)


Ah, Valentine’s Day- filled with love, romance and sex. What’s a single girl to do? Well this single girl was planning on spending the night cuddling MCAT books with a cup of coffee in comfy pajamas. All that changed when my phone rang and on the other end was my ex-boyfriend. My readers who know me personally are probably thinking “Ethan!” Wrong. Not this time, this time it was Jason and our conversation started with me answering the phone,”Hello?” “Hey, what are you up to?” he asked. “Do I need to state the obvious? I’m studying silly, what else would I be doing?” “Wow, you’re really dedicated. I’m proud of you Jez, I mean I have never met someone so passionate, so disciplined, so determined to accomplish a goal. You work hard, very hard, yet make everything look so easy- I guess that’s what I loved most about you.” I really didn’t know how to respond to that so like a dork I just said, “thanks, it’s what we pre-meds do best I guess. So what’s up?” “Um, nothing I just wanted to see how you were doing. I see that you’re doing well so I’ll let you get back to doing what you do best.” “No, wait. I mean I can use a break if you want to chat for a few.” “Sure.” “So that’s why you called? To see how I was doing?” “Well that and um, I was wondering what you were doing tomorrow- you know considering that it’s um February 14.” I laughed and said “Yes, it’s Valentine’s Day and I’m doing what I do everyday-I going to be studying. What are your plans?” He paused for a moment and finally said “how about I take you out? It doesn’t have to be a date. We can catch a movie, dinner- whatever you want.” I didn’t know how to respond so I began mumbling, “I, um, I, um” he cut me off and said “Look Jez, I know we aren’t together anymore and I hate you for that but you were more than just my girlfriend, you were my best friend. Our relationship may have ended but our friendship didn’t. Plus, I think a girl like you deserves to be taken out for Valentine’s Day. So what do you say?” I think that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. Naturally, I accepted.

Today was a good day. I got a lot done in terms of MCAT studying. I finished stoichiometery and bonding passages after class. I even went ahead and did passages for tomorrow’s lecture- Reproduction and Endocrinology. Just as I was about to call it a night, I decided to write my blog and check my messages. To my surprise I received a message from Ethan saying, “Thinking of you- I know I shouldn’t be but I am.”

*sigh* With exes like mine who needs a boyfriend?

No comments:

Post a Comment