Saturday, February 13, 2010

Today was Valentine's Day?



In the morning I gave my husband negative “lame husband points”,…which means he was great! So in our home we have 3 categories of points—Vince can get “lame husband points”, Jez can get “my life sucks” points, and I can get “Willy Wonka factory” points. We give these points as a way to call each other out on stupid stuff. So if Vince makes fun of me or says something rude to me, he gets “lame husband” points. If Jez has one of her horrible days pertaining to men or money, she gets “my life sucks” points. If I say something ditsy or just ridiculous, then I get “Willy Wonka factory” points, because once it was said that I have a Willy Wonka factory in my head on occasion.


Today I gave Vince less “lame husband points” because when I woke up he had placed Roses in a vase on our kitchen table with a Valentine’s Day card. Yes, V-day is tomorrow, but he forgot.


Now, here is some MCAT info. I tried to read from the moment I woke up, but I couldn’t because I had to entertain a guest up until 2pm. Then, Jez came back from her Berkley Review classes and we ate Chinese food for lunch. By 3:30pm we were at our kitchen table reading our biology books. We studied reproduction and embryology…the day before V-day,…how convenient. ; ) We went to the market and spent $10 from of EBT card. Then we came home and Jez made us Tandori Chicken from scratch, since we had been eating Latin for the past 2 weeks, and the shift in flavor was amazing. She used cayenne pepper and yogurt to marinate skinned chicken legs over night, and then today, all she had to do was bake the meat in the oven on a cookie sheet. A quick dinner and now it’s 10:30pm and I am beginning to read Genetics. I was only able to complete 2 chapter quizzes today, but at least I did something.

In the photo is the roses and the NesCafe that I have just become addicted to so that I can make coffee in any instant, which is a total requirement for MCATing. We don't own a microwave though, so it really isn't that "instant", but it tastes great.

No comments:

Post a Comment